Monday, December 29, 2014

2 weeks of emails

I was not able to post an email last week because I had a glitch in my email.  I had to wait for Logan to resend the email from last week.  His email from this week is not to long since we spoke to him on Christmas day.








12/22/14

For Family: So family for Skype on Thursday we are only supposed to talk for 40 minutes, but my companion and every other missionary I have talked with is going to for an hour. The week had some cool experiences others funny and some that I learned a lesson from. I hope you are excited to see your missionary on Thursday. I won’t tell you a ton, because I’m going to talk to you soon, but I do want to say this that a mission has been the best decision I have made even though I don’t have a lot of time in the field. It’s hard, its tiring, and its frustration, but it is fun, spiritual, and a chance to lose myself in a work that is Marvelous Beyond Description. Note for Haley: Tell her to brush up on her Spanish because I’m going to talk to her in Spanish. 
I Love You All
Elder Perfili

For the Blog:
So this last week was definitely one I will remember because of so many reasons! So again I’m sorry I may not sound too exciting, but sometimes the work doesn’t happen at the pace you’d like it to. It’s tough right now because we’re are still looking for more to teach and our investigators were hardly home this week. Nonetheless I still know with all my Corazon (heart) that God has prepared people for us in Las Americas we just need to find them and work harder. A very amazing experience about that this week. So one night during planning we had already gone through the Area Book almost twice and none led us anywhere. So my companion decided to call Antigo’s investigators on our Cell Phone and one picked up and told us to come the very next day. So we left thinking that she was in our area and discovered that she was WAY out of our area. Still we find the house after calling her a few times and as we were walking down her street she called out to me and Elder Mendez as if she had already knew us. Ortencia (the woman) then invited us into her home and told us her story. She and her brother Eduardo are both don’t like there Church’s and were looking for something different. The day before we called her she had been talking with a taxi about this and he was a recent convert and he told her and the good about our church and the change it made in his life. Shortly after that Elder Mendez called her saying that it’s the Mormon Missionaries, and she knew God answered her prayer. When I heard this I was too much in shock I could barely talk to her and her brother. Both are reading the Book of Mormon and know how to pray after teaching them. It was an amazing experience to be a part of and my testimony that God is real and answers prayers has been strengthen. So the rest of the week was fun. On Friday was both the Mission Christmas Activity and the Ward Christmas Activity. For the mission activity we gave gift to the other Elders and Elder Hermansen gave me a lot. The poster I have says J-Biebs Never Say Never, because in the mission the secretaries and other missionaries have a joke that I am Justin Bieber, along with the gifts I got my green card and am now legal in Mexico!! (Hahaha) President shared a message with us and we sang. We also had some really good food, por emploj we had Tamales and I mean authentic Tamales after Turkey, gravy, potatoes and corn (it tasted like home).  We had our ward Christmas Activity later that night and Elder Mendez and I sang in the Choir and helped with the piñatas. The ward also asked me to be Santa Claus for the kids and I just couldn’t say no to that! This is for all who have seen the Santa Claus as I was putting the suit on and putting the pants on I couldn’t help but think in the movie when he lifts the pants and says, this guy must have been huge! So that night I took pics with the ward as Santa and handed out candy to the kids and Ward Members. It was very fun and something the ward members will never forget. The rest of the week was okay. 
Small Christmas Message now. So a favorite Christmas story of mine is the Polar Express. If you’re not familiar with it a boy on Christmas Eve struggling in believing in Santa is invited to go on a magical train to the North Pole to see him with other children. He decides to go, but is still not sure. Once he gets to the North Pole he with the other children wait for Santa Claus. As they wait the Sleigh is ready with the Reindeer and toys. The Reindeer are wearing bells and all the Children can hear except him. One of the bells fly’s off the Reindeer and lands at his feet. He tries to ring it, but it won’t work, he finally decides to believe in Santa and the bell rings. Santa then chooses the boy to be given the first gift of Christmas and he chooses the Bell. Now why do I tell this story because it doesn’t sound like a lot to do with the gospel, but here is the connection. Think of the boy as you before, now or in other parts of your life where your testimony in Christ may have been hard for you to believe and have faith. The boy takes the journey on the train which I liken to the Gospel. He begins to experience all that it has and its great, but he’s still not sure. Finally though it is when he has the bel and decides to discover the gift and desire the faith that it rings in his ear as a familiar sound. The boy later says that the bell began to stop ringing for others, but he could still hear it in his old age. As members of the Church we sometimes struggle with our testimonies, it’s in this moment that we should jump on the train of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and discover the marvelous gift our Savior has given us, and once we do this we then can hear the bell ring in our ear again and have it ring for the rest of our lives. I know without a shout of a doubt that Christ was born of Mary and his whole life was an example of how we should live and how we can return to the father. I know that he performed the perfect atonement for all and that it is a gift for all and is gratis (free) we just need to believe and accept him. I promise you too can hear this bell ring in your ear. Always remember that and remember the true meaning of Christmas the Birth of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Love You All
Elder Perfili
God Be With You Till We Meet Again
We’ll be underneath the Same Moon





12/29/14 

For Family: Thank you so much for taking time to talk with me. So the weeks are really kind of dead during Christmas here in Mexico a ton of parties and the streets were practically dead. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and that you pondered on the life of the Savior. I really love you guys and hope that you can feel that. Also please tell Bro Shepard that I’ll be waiting for him when I return. The work is a little slow like I said earlier, but Elder Mendez and I have a goal this week to contact 100 people! I can’t wait to work on this. Well family I have say I Love You all so much. 

For Blog: 
Hola miss queridos hermanos y hermanas, I hope that all is well with you and you enjoyed your Christmases, because I certainly did. This week I don’t have a ton to tell only that during Christmas that the streets here and the people are practically nonexistent. I wish there were more, but sometimes the work is slow. Christmas was awesome and I was able to skype with my wonderful family and I was glad to see every one of them! We ate so much food on Christmas I felt like I was going to explode, but it was all so good. Hopefully I’ll gain a little weight, because all my clothes are way too big for me because of all the weight I have lost from adjusting to the food. This Christmas was so much fun though because it was all with the members of the church and my family. The rest of the week was kind of sloe, but I still have good news because right now German is still on track to be baptized and all of our less active families are coming to church more often. So my message is going to be short this week because well I don’t have a ton to say about the week, because I can’t remember a ton of it either.

Now for a short message from me. So right now in my mission I am learning a lot about the gospel. So much that sometimes I get a little frustrated with myself when I make a mistake. Nonetheless though this Sunday in our Gospel Principles Class all who were there were able to say something about how this year was for them. I thought about it for a little bit, and I thought some more, and I am still thinking, but this is what I know this year has done for me. I began it as a High school student who was everyday looking forward to my papers and graduating. I was working in both my life skills and spiritual confidence, and I get to end it as a Servant of the Lord. This short and I mean short time in the mission field has shown me a lot though. One that the gospel is real I have seen things that year that testify of that. I have begun to learn more and more about this gospel and in doing so it has begun to change me into a better person than I was before. Still I have struggles and I am still learning as any child of God does, but I know that I don’t ever need to give up either. This gospel is so amazing and the spirit I have felt isn’t always over powering or brings tears, but peace. I know though that God is real as well as The Spirit of God, without it I couldn’t speak Spanish and teach the gospel. This church is so true and there are so many things that point to it. A beautiful thing about this church as well is that we can learn more and more about throughout our lives. I feel so good knowing I have a life time to perfect myself, and I am going to use it to do so. I know would like to invite you as well to continue or discover for the first time how true La Iglesias De JesuCristo De Los Santo De Los Ultimos Dias is true this next year. I know God answering prayers and he will answer yours. I share these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
I Love You All
God Be With You Till We Meet Again
We’ll be underneath the Same Moon
Elder Perfili


No comments:

Post a Comment