Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Feliz Ano Nuevo

Feliz Año Nuevo or Happy New Year everyone. So again I apologize, but there hasn’t been too many exciting developments this week. Our investigator German hasn’t meet with us in a week and we also haven’t heard from him in a while. The work this week was frustrating I’m not going to lie because a lot of the people were preparing for New Years. Something cool and terrifying at the same time this week was when we had exchanges. For exchanges normally Elder Mendez would go with the Junior Companion in the companionship, but because Elder Meacham is new and American he thought it be a good idea if I went with him in his area. So two greeines for two days work in an area that Elder Meacham hardly knew as well as a language that is still a little foreign to us. All in all though it went great really! We did a lot of contacting to find new investigators and I and I mean both, but I talked I contacted a bus completely full of people. It was a little embarrassing after, but in two days two Americans contacted 50 people!! It felt good after. The rest of the week went slow after New Year’s. Interesting fact here in Mexico the whole country practically shuts down on the first of the year. It almost looked like the Walking Dead. Other than that I having lots of fun and I’m learning a lot about the person I want to be in life. 
For a short message I would like to share the blessing of a New Year. So a New Year is a time to refocus our vision and our goals for this Next Year. As a missionary I have 3 months down (NOOOO!) and I have been learning a lot, about God, Jesus Christ, Mexico, and especially myself. Through all these things I have learned in 2 months and after reflecting on last year as well, I see now what I want to do with this year.....I want to be completely obedient as I can be to become the Missionary that God and Jesus Christ WANT and NEED me to be. New Year is a perfect time for me and for you to rededicate yourself to learning about the Savior Jesus Christ and his Atoning Sacrifice for all. I hope that whatever your goals are that at least one includes the Savior and God.
I Love You All 
"We’ll Be Underneath the Same Moon"
"God Be With You Till We Meet Again"
Elder Perfili   


No comments:

Post a Comment