Wednesday, December 3, 2014

2 Month's out

Some of the Language must be sticking into Elder Perfili's brain because you will notice he spells Nephi two different ways in his letter.  That is because in the Spanish Book of Mormon it is spelled Nefi. 

Thank you to all who have sent him messages and letters I know he is getting them unfortunately he does not do a very good job right now of replying to them.  Please be patient with him like I am trying to be (because he doesn't answer half of my questions either) and continue to write him if you are able to news from home is always welcome.






Again I have to begin by apologizing because my message is going to be short. We spent a lot of time in Centro today looking at the stores and the sites.

I’ll have pics for you all next week. There is just never enough time in the day for anything though. None for studying, none for proselyting and none for resting, but hey that’s missionary life. I'll include the highlights of the week.

So it was my birthday this week. My district surprised me at the district meeting this week with a cake and they sang to me. I also found out its tradition to have your face thrown in the cake. They don’t celebrate Thanksgiving out here! So I didn’t get my turkey and mashed potatoes, but all was well on my birthday. Today I got to have Costco! Also I went to Centro and got to take photos of the Church’s and buildings there as well as do a little shopping. 

Now for the best part. So this week we had interviews with President Villarreal and Hermana Villarreal. In my interview there is a small thing I want to share and it’s similar to last week, but I know its revelation because I have been told the same thing three different times in different forms. It is "Have Righteous Desires". When we Desire we are letting the Lord know that we are ready to work and keep our commandments. In return according to our faith and our obedience he will always help us fully receive and understand what we desire. The weeks haven’t been easy we have been having a rough time finding people, but this week a desire came through and that is an investigator has started to progress. I thank God a lot for this. I also have one more thought. I was reading 1 Nefi 18 I think, but it’s the chapter when Nefi is commanded to build a boat. His brothers begin to mock him and delight in it. Nephi then talks and is filled with the power of God. What I like though is what Nefi says to his brothers. In a way he says this, "You have seen an angel, and witnessed the lord speak to you. You have been blessed every day in the Wilderness with food and the help guide of the Liahona. You know that God led the children of Israel out of Egypt and called Moses as a prophet to do so, and still you deny it and don’t know it." My message is this sometimes we know we need to pray, but were to tired, or read the scriptures, but I don’t have anytime. I’m not perfect with these things all the time either, but just as Nephi I strive to follow the commandments and do those things even though the natural man in me is tired and ready to sleep or not want to. I know that as we are obedient and STRIVE as Nephi we too will be filled with the Spirit and Power of God.

I Love You All
God Be With You Till We Meet Again
We’ll be underneath the Same Moon
Elder Perfili


No comments:

Post a Comment