Monday, May 16, 2016

No good effort is forgotten

Well it’s been a very busy week. There were transfers this week and I received a new companion. His name is Elder Hernandez and he is from Mexico City. He is a great Elder as well I have another companion who was with me last transfer Elder King. Elder King is going to end his mission this transfer so it’s going to be great learning from him I am so excited.

I wish I could tell you all more, but I just want to tell you all about an experience that I had this last week. So during the week my district leader called me and told me that the sister missionaries of my ward were going to baptize. Of course I was happy to hear the news, but what caught me off guard was what he then said,
 "Elder Perfili Diana is going to baptize and she has asked you to baptize her!”
To explain why this is so exciting. In my first area I served in Americas and the missionaries there are part of my district. This young women that had asked me to baptize her was a young women that I had found when I was in my first three months struggling to learn how to be a missionary. We found her family and they were less actives who wanted to come back. Before I left the area she said that she would get baptized, but I left and didn’t hear anything about her for about a year.
 I learned that she hadn’t been baptized still and that her family was still less active, but lived in the sister missionaries’ area now. Once I came to Colinas and was in the district I asked again and they said that they were still working with her, but she still didn’t want to get baptized. About a month later is when my district leader called and gave me the news that I had mention earlier in the letter. After 18 months of working with the missionaries Diana was baptized two Saturdays ago, and I performed the ordinance. It was such a beautiful experience knowing that my efforts in my first area had not been in vain, and that I was a part of a daughter of God coming home. Seeing this family was incredible I know without a doubt that the Lord loves his children and he loves me. I know that no good deed goes unpunished especially in missionary work. 

Elder Perfili

I LOVE YOU ALL
God Be With You Till We Meet Again






Diana's baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment