Wednesday, May 4, 2016

a baptism

Well brothers and sisters another great week and with many miracles. To begin though my companion and I had a baptism! How wonderful it was, but I’ll get to that later. So this week began well and we did a few different exchanges with missionaries. I got to know a little bit better some of the Elders and how they teach. As well my companion and I went to Zacatecas this week and we visited the missionaries of Fresnillo and Zacatecas the two zones. We had a leadership conference with them and it was good. After having gone we then did quick exchanges with some Elderes in the zone of Fresnillo. After the quick exchanges we left to Zacatecas where we had another reunion with the missionaries which was very spiritual. Then in the same day we went back home, it was a lot of time in buses, but all worth it. Then this weekend we learned that our brother Jose Angel was going to be able to baptize this Sunday, but on the condition that the weather was perfect that day. He has an illness that one of his lungs is deteriorating so the weather affects his state of health sometimes. We were a little worried, but I know that God answered our prayers and those of Jose Angel. On Sunday morning we had a humble baptismal service and following the service he was confirmed a member of the church and given the gift of the Holy Ghost. 

So a small thought this week is this, that the power of prayer is incredible. I know without a doubt that God hears us and listens to our prayers and knows how to answer them. I love God and have come closer to him through prayer. I know him more personally now and I know that I lack still to come to know him more fully. I know that meaningful prayer can change lives, but not the will of God, Infect it will put our desires in line with his. 
I LOVE YOU ALL
God Be With You Till We Meet Again
Elder Perfili



No comments:

Post a Comment