Monday, January 4, 2016

baptism

Well me brothers and sisters I am extremely happy because this week was awesome. We BAPTIZED!! It almost fell through again, but the Lord allowed us to see the miracle of one of his children repent. Well this week was enjoyable up until the holiday. Here in Mexico it is known for a few things especially the parties. So on New Year’s eve at 12 in the morning the people here in San Luis like to light fireworks welcoming the New Year. During the night it sounded like I was in a war zone, but we were kept safe the entire time. The following morning due to the festivities the streets were completely empty. It was a little strange, but at the same time nice because my companion and I were able to help other missionaries this day. As well this weekend was full of a ton of excitement with the transfers. I forgot to mention I think, but I’m still here in Joyas as the Zone Leader the only difference is that now I’m the senior companion. My companion yea finished his mission and was sad, but I know that he is happy to go home and see his family. He went home smiling as he left for Aguascalientes. My new companion is Elder Rosas. He is from Veracruz and we arrived in the mission together only he has one month less than I do. We are going to work and have a lot of success I’m positive of that. The baptism this week was the best part though. As I sad it almost fell through, because a family member had passed away the day before and she wasn’t sure that she’d be able to come, but in the end she said that she still wanted to and it was one of the best feelings that I have had. 

So I wanted to share with you all the importance once again of repentance. Why do I talk so much about this, because this principle in the gospel of Jesus Christ is vital to our progression as children of God. When we are set apart as Elders we literally separated from sin. This principle was taught by Spencer W Kimball. Thinking about it our repentance process is the same. As we begin to repent we see that we are separating ourselves from what Satan wants to what God wants. As we begin to look for the will of God we begin to make changes that pull us away from all that is miserable to a happy state. The important part to remember though is that once we have been separated from that which is evil we cannot return to do the same. We’ve been separated from it if we truly repent and the atonement of Jesus Christ promises us that, but we have to do it constantly. I live this principle more and more each day, and I cannot stop gratifying God for the changes that he has made in my life. I love repentance and that I change from a natural man to a holy man. I know that it is possible for anyone who tries. I know and do not doubt it!

I LOVE YOU ALL
God Be With You Till We Meet Again


Elder Perfili


Baptism


Saying goodbye




No comments:

Post a Comment