Saturday, October 17, 2015

Transfer to Jerez, Zacatecas

Well Brothers and sisters I have been transferred to another area. I left Rio Grande today with my companion and we arrived in Fresnillo. From there we left once again to Zacatecas and after 6 months in Fresnillo. I’m back again in Zacatecas and in another one of the small cities outside of the big city. There is a song in Spanish that says, "Si SeƱor Yo Soy del Rancho", and at this point I can say that where I have served has been soiled ranchitos. I’m excited though because I’m now in Jerez Zacatecas as the District Leader. I don’t know how that happened, but okay. My companions name is Elder Dominguez and he is from Puebla Mexico like my trainer was. He actually ends his mission in two transfers as well. Well I don’t have a ton of news on the new area, but I do want to say what Elder Paniagua and I were able to accomplish in the area before transfers. Throughout the week we were looking for a lot of new investigators, but we lost a lot, and as well we are having a few problems with the investigator that was going to be baptized. At the end of the week I was worried, but everything on Sunday was perfect because we were able to move into the new chapel. The new chapel was absolutely amazing, and it was a powerful testimony meeting. The spirit was so strong this day and I know that I received an answer to my fast. 

Well I don’t have a lot to say, but I do want to share my testimony on fasting. This weekend as many of you all did I fasted. I was able to abstain from food and water for 24 hours for the purpose to receive personal revelation, and I received it. I like the explication of the fast that my companion gives he says when we pray is a very soft knock at the door of God, but when we fast it’s a great big pound that opens the door a little bit faster. I know that this is true and that the law of the fast is a true principle of the gospel. I know that as Isaias promises that when we do so that the Lord will respond by saying, here I am. Of this I testify.
I LOVE YOU ALL
God Be With You Till We Meet Again  

 Elder Perfili

No comments:

Post a Comment