Thursday, July 30, 2015

First baptism

Well the weeks I swear move at a rate that is unbelievable. To begin my companion and I are doing well and were learning each day from one another. The weather is getting hotter actually and were seeing less people in the streets because the kids are on vacation like in the states. The work is coming along and we are finding more, but we still need to find more if we want to help people come to the waters of baptism. Speaking of baptism my companion and I had one this last week, but more importantly was that Brenda made this covenant with God and is now a member pf the Church of Jesús Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will send photos next week I promise. The baptism was simple, but the spirit was there. This week my companion and I also had the opportunity to see the importance that the members have in missionary work. Our recent convert was a reference from a member and the member was there to help her along the entire way. This member was key in the conversión of Brenda and I know without her it would have been difficult, but I also know that as much as we have the opportunity to share the góspel as missionaries it’s the members that really to help in the work of salvation. As well I hope you know that if you have questions about Mexico or anything I would be delighted to answer them for you.

Now today I was in my personal study and discovered something that I loved. I know that I have spoken about it before, but today it really was powerful what I learned about repentance. Repentance is the second principle in the Gospel of Jesús Christ, and it is necessary for our salvation. Without repentance we wouldn’t be able to change the things that are necessary to put our lives along with the will of God. As we repent we are doing all that is possible to do what God hopes and wants us to do. When we repent we are actually coming closer to God. Sometimes repentance is a Word that scares people because it means confession or embarrassment, but it means exactly the opposite FREEDOM. Freedom from the temptations of Satan and even more freedom from sin it means to really and truly stop what is wrong and do what is right FOREVER. Repentance is freedom to feel the Spirit of God more abundantly in our lives as well as one of the reasons we are here on earth. We have our entire lives to repent, change, and prepare to meet God, but it can be so much better and so much happier when we are using the Atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives to do so. I know that the Atonement is real and that it is eternal and will continue to be a part of our lives as well as lifelong repentance.
I LOVE YOU ALL
"God Be With You Till We Meet Again"
"Well Both Be Underneath the Same Moon"
Elder Perfili


No comments:

Post a Comment