Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I feel my Saviors Love

Man time sure does fly by fast because the transfer is almost over and I'll have another transfer in the field. So this week was pretty good and it’s kind of strange because the work was extremely slow this week. So before I tell you about that though, I thought I would tell you about the city a little bit more that I’m serving in and some of the food that I have eaten here so far. So in our small city all the banquetes or sidewalks are yellow bricks so I like to joke with my companion that were in Oz and were following the yellow brick road. The city has a very giant catholic church in the middle, but lots of people live outside of the city in the less developed parts of the city. So some of the food that I have eaten so far is, cactus, menudo (pigs stomach), and chicharron (the skin of the pig). And surprisingly I like them. They do have a different texture, but they still taste good. So this week like I said was a little slow because there were a lot of events in our small city on Monday and on the weekend. On Monday there was a political speaker and on the weekend there were concerts outside of the city so that hurt us a bit, but we still taught a lot this week and I love the people here. The members are so great and really hope that nobody leaves (we hope no one leaves either). The teaching is coming we are working a lot more on finding and working with the few we have. One though is awesome and she wants know the truth for herself, another wants to have his doubts taken away and feel Gods love. I’m glad for the few we have, but happy also because this area has become a part of me and I don’t want to leave, but it’s not my will its God's.


So this week I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting about Repentance, and I felt that it would be a good topic to write about. Sometimes we are scared to repent because we think that it’s something bad and we are terrible people, but this is a lie and you can’t believe it. Repentance is necessary and it is to help us follow our Savior Jesus Christ, know the will of God in our lives more, and allow us to stand clean before God's feet someday. It’s important to note though that repentance isn’t just asking for forgiveness it is a change of heart like the scriptures say to change our thoughts and behaviors to be more in harmony with the will of God. How great a blessing we have to be able to repent and feel God's peace and love, the Spirit more abundantly, but most importantly to be prepared to meet and live with God after this life. I know as a personal testimony that if we repent we aren’t regressing in fact, were progressing and becoming more perfect like our heavenly father who is heaven and how he wants us to be (Matt 5:48). I know that if we do these things we as imperfect human beings can change our hearts and become perfect beings (Mosiah 5:2) and will stand in the presence of God one day ready to live with him of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.      

No comments:

Post a Comment