Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Last week in the MTC

Wednesday- So the MTC is honestly the same thing over again with classes, devotionals and the shady cafeteria food. The thing that isn't consistent is the new message that you learn and how your testimony is strengthened. Today I learned for myself that the Book of Mormon yes is the keystone of our religion, but even more important it is the Fullness of the Gospel restored on the earth today. Revelation come through out the Book of Mormon all the time and it is always clear. I love reading it and wish I could read it all day sometimes. So I forgot I hosted the new missionaries today and did traffic and you will never believe what happened! While I was working someone from the front desk asked if I would be there all day and then said okay we have a VIP coming its David Archeleta and I need you to help him park his car. So sure enough later I got to see David Archeleta with his mom and he walked right in front if me it was pretty cool.

Thursday-Today was normal class, but the most inspirational part was the end of the day. We said goodbye to another brother and Elder tonight. He bore his testimony of the atonement and the healing power it brings. I am so glad for his example and for the fact he will be back out in the field in three months. The part that was so spiritual though was when as a Zone of Elders he asked that Elder Tolutau would give him a blessing. We all,k every Elder laid our hands on his head as Elder T blessed him. It was cool because that was my first opportunity to stand in on a blessing, but the spirit was incredible. I then lead a prayer with all the Elders present and I can still remember the words and how powerful it was. I gave him a big hug afterward trying not to cry to much seeing a brother go, but I know he is going to be just fine. 

Friday- So Halloween in the MTC was not Halloween at all. We still had class and we still learned. Some Elders switched their tags, but the best was the Sister from my District because they dressed up as each other and wore each others tags to. Only thing is they had to give back their tags because were not supposed to do that. I also had a very blessed opportunity to give a priesthood blessing today. I am so glad the power the priesthood brings and the beauty of the blessing in action as I know it has helped the Elder. I also got my Itinerary for Mexico Today and am leaving next Monday! It is now real!! 

Saturday- Today was different I didn't remember much of it other than a few things. When the gospel is only taught by one person it isn't as strong. If two people are teaching the spirit is there 100% more than it would be. I also have been really wanting to see in the hand of the lord more, and I found a song that said it best. "As I try to be obedient and remember to pray I'll see the tender mercies of the Lord". I believe in that 100%.
Sunday- I woke up so sick. I could barely breath and I was so tired I was late to Branch Counciul and bare;y hanging in there during the testimony meeting. My Branch President asked if I was okay and if I would be able to make it through Mission Conference. On Fast Sunday in the MTC we do a Mission Conference. I replied I'll be okay, but I really was thinking how can I make it through the rest of the day. I can remember sitting in the Gym and thinking I might just sleep, and then the craziest thing happened I could breath out of my nose and I was full of energy. I stayed awake the entire meeting and also was touched by the things that were said. I was reminded of my Temple Covenants in a talk and the First Vision, my favorite though Was President Nally's talk. he spoke on the account of Christ walking on water and Peter going out to him. To liken it to mission work we need to have the faith to get out of the boat and walk to him, and go as long as we can, but when we begin to fall both know that the Savior is there to help you and strengthen your faith. We also spoke on our favorite Book of Mormon stories right now and mine is Mosiah 1-5 I LOVE King Benjamin and the atonement now. Please read it. Tonight Russel M Nelson's wife spoke and it was awesome. Shari  Dew was at the meeting with her.  

Monday-Today my testimony of prayer keeps going. I know God answers prayers because I say it all day, in my health, with my companion, and with my teachers. The best part of the day though, and also the hardest. Today one of my Best Friends left for the Brazil Sao Paulo MTC. Elder Nielsen. I was so glad that he came here, He actually was an answer to my prayer. I was able talk with him last night about the mission and the miracle of him getting his visa. It was hard holding back tears giving him a hug and saying goodbye. I Love him though and know that the lord needs him in Brazil now. 

My thought for the week- I read the account of Christ visiting Peter and asking him to Feed my Sheep. I found a small connection from it to missionary work. Christ first blesses the apostles with mass amounts of fish and then bids them to come dine with them. Then he asks Peter 3 times Does thou lovest me? Each time Peter responds Yea Lord though knowest that I love thee. Christ answers and says feed my sheep. Ask I liken it to missionary work I saw the fish as the blessing of the gospel, there were so many fish the net should have broken just like the blessing we receive by living and following it. We then need to take this fish, and not feed it to sheep but to our fellow men. To get up and allow them to feast upon the words of Christ and know they can live without guilt,sadness, and always suffering, but live with joy, happiness, and love. It's also important to note that he told Peter to leave the Fisherman life style. I likewise believe the same  no matter what you think, YOU CAN SHARE THE MESSAGE OF THE GOSPEL. For the young men GO!! You need to go, leave and feed the Lord's sheep. After all if ye love me Feed my Sheep. 
Thank you all for your encouragement and letters I really do appreciate it, sorry if I haven't responded I'm working on it. 
I LOVE YOU ALL
God Be With You Till We Meet Again.
"Well both be underneath the same moon"
Elder Perfili


No comments:

Post a Comment