Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The work of the Lord

My beloved brothers and sisters, it is a pleasure to be able to address myself to you all this week. The weather here right now is fairly hot, but nothing that is unbearable. This past week we again had a few meetings with the mission president and the leaders of the mission. Before that though we had exchanges with Elders form Fresnillo Zacatecas. It’s a very nice experience being able to go work with other missionaries, especially when they arrived to the mission at the same time that you did. The area is coming along, with all sincerity sometimes we don’t always have the time to be there, but the work that we have is coming along. I am confident that we will be baptizing next transfer. The ward here is also incredible and they have divided the stake so some members from my first ward in Americas are actually here in my ward now. My companions and I are very united in our work and relationship. Everyone brings something to the table.

So this week for as much as tried, prayed, frustrated, and worked we just had some difficult days. I arrived home one night and began to express how I felt to my companions. I began to think that I have worked hard, why then is it so difficult. My companion then told me something, it’s difficult because it was difficult for him as well. After all the frustration I began to think about what he said and was reminded of the talk by Elder Holland. As I pondered more I came to realize something profoundly. I saw myself as I imagine what the savior’s mission may have been. Every day with victories, and many defeats. The love he felt for us being here, and the disappointment that he had seeing us continue in our problems. The obedience that he showed forth and the desire to only do what the Father asked of him. I have now truly come to understand something. Our earthly life is full of challenges and trials as well as triumphs and moments of courage. I now see that it is all so that we may progress in this life and come closer to our Father in Heaven, but more importantly my mission shouldn’t be easy, because his mission wasn’t easy either. I shouldn’t nor should we think that it’s too much when in reality it is sufficient to mold us into more Christ like children of God and begin our preparation for future events and moments of our lives. I know that because Jesus Christ died for my sins and because he lived a perfect life I to can do as he says Follow Him. I know it’s not going to be easy, but I know understand why and that all is for my benefit just as it is for you. Of this I bare testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Perfili

I LOVE YOU ALL
God Be With You Till We Meet Again  


No comments:

Post a Comment