Sunday, June 26, 2016

the power of decisions - 6/13/16

I was getting ready for girl's camp then at camp so letters are a bit behind.


Well once again it is my blessing and opportunity to write you this week. The weather here is changing for those that are curious. Right now it begins to rain for a few months and then it goes back to being hot. This week were in the state of Zacatecas for a few days working with missionaries. While there I was able to once again see the giant hills that seem impossible that someone could live on, but they do. As well when we went to Fresnillo I was able to work in the city and check up on how the elders of Rio Grande have been doing. After traveling we returned back to the Aguascalientes and had another conference with the missionaries. - Its nice because the zone here is full of missionaries that I have known for a long time. My district leader is Elder Jones, my companion from the MTC, and Elder Paniagua, my trainee, are here with others. President Villarreal is keeping the mission on its toes which is a great thing. As well the transfer is ending next week. How time flies here. 

So this week in many of my personal studies and conferences with President Villarreal this week I have been thinking a lot about the message our beloved prophet Thomas S Monson gave in this last general conference. He spoke about the importance of making choices, or better yet decisions. As I have pondered on this I think about why he would God through him would convey this message. As I thought I came to see why. Every day as we all very well know we have to decide between good and evil, better and best, repentance and sin. Every choice we make can bring us closer to the throne of God or farther away. Our choices though also provide the way in which we can progress or fall backwards. As a missionary I make desciones every day that affect others and me, but these descions when taken with the spirit or the determination to do good allow for a loving God to help me learn and grow. The prophet said that we should choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong. As a sure testimony I express to you that the more we base and make desciones on what our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ require us to do we will be led to them in every step, and have the growth that we so desperately need in the mortal experience. I know and testify that repentance is a crucial decision that we all must make and that it is a harder right, but a blessing at the end of the day and will be throughout eternity. This is my humble testimony and I share it with love in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

Elder Perfili

I LOVE YOU ALL
God Be With You Till We Meet Again



No comments:

Post a Comment