Monday, April 13, 2015

Performing an Ordinance

Well Brothers and Sisters forgive me because this message is going to be a little short because of a lack of time. To give you all a rundown of the events of this week. The weather right now can transform from sunny to rainy in a heartbeat. On Saturday there was a huge thunder storm that went on for about 4 hours. The biggest things that happened this week was that I baptized someone. We have been working with a less-active family and the last child whose name is Santiago asked that I baptize him. That same day our Mission President, President Villarreal, came to interview us. He came and spoke about some important things with us and about some personal advice as well. The baptism of Santiago was awesome the only thing though was that the water was freezing! Poor Santiago was shaking after the ordinance. All went well though because he was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on Sunday. After with the Branch we watched Meet The Mormons and man do I love that movie. 

My small thought for this week comes from The Book of Mormon. I was reading in the Book of Alma I’m sorry I forget the chapter that it was, but it was speaking about our conversion. Alma is speaking to the Zoramites and is inviting them to be baptized or as he says repent. As I was reading I was thinking of those who are not members and those who are. I was thinking about myself as well. As he is inviting them he is telling them to wait procrastinate the day of their repentance. For those who are members he is inviting them to if needed repent and to enjoy the blessing of the gospel again, and for those who aren’t, that they should join and join immediately so that they are saved and can have these blessing of peace, joy, and the love that comes from living the gospel. My invitation is for those who are members to invite your friends so they too can enjoy the blessing of the Gospel and for those who are not members and are reading this message to search in your heart to pray to God and ask him if you should be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I promise you that he will give you an answer. Don’t wait to enjoy the blessing of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is the only way that we can truly be happy and have success and prepare to be with God after this life. This is my testimony and I share it with you all in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment