Wednesday, July 6, 2016

It's when things seem worst that you must'nt quit

I’ll be short this week I’m sorry for not having written a small not at least. My new mission President has arrived and he is amazing. His name is President Hernandez and Sister Hernandez. He was a director in the MTC in Mexico before coming to the mission. He came with his five kids also so the mission house is now full. President and Sister Villarreal returned Friday morning. It was strange seeing him leave, and I am grateful that he was my mission president for the greater part of my mission. The weather here in Aguascalientes has been strange. It’ll be hot during the day, but at night it begins to rain a ton. At least two or three days this week we walked in the rain completely soaked, but smiling the entire time. We have been having success in the area little by little these past few weeks, and we are extremely excited because we are confident that we are going to baptize. 

So this last week I was reflecting on the results of my work these last two transfers. I began to look back and see the effort that I had made in doing my best, but still didn’t see results. I continued to look and to search and try to find the way to do it, but what I discovered this week was the opposite. I saw something that I had never seen, but with more power. This week my companion and I everyday saw that the Lord gave us person after person to teach and share the gospel. On top of that those that were accepting the invitation to be baptized and confirmed. I have honestly seen the hand of the Lord in this his work. I truly have been able to be a witness of his love. This Sunday words from a favorite poem came to mind, "So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit, it’s when things seem worst that you mustn’t quit!” King Benjamin explains it perfectly when he says that all God requires is that we are obedient and he will bless us immediately. I know that it’s true. If we do all that we can and stick to the fight God blesses us, and in our case blesses us by blessing his children. I love this gospel and know that God is our loving Heavenly Father! Jesus is the Christ. 
Elder Perfili
I LOVE YOU ALL
God Be With You Till We Meet Again






No comments:

Post a Comment