Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sacrifice

My beloved brothers and sisters I don’t have very much time so I’m going to be fast and going to be, well very candid. So this week was difficult because we had a lot of meetings, two in the District and a Confrere with President Villarreal about the coming of the apostle Elder David A. Bednar. So the work wasn’t as much, but we have kept our five baptismal dates and are working hard to keep them there so that they can be baptized. 

Well for the part that I love to express my feeling and the things that are personal to me in the mission. So this week was tough it was full of stress, frustrations, and lots of personal reflection. Our President spoke with us a lot on Sacrifice and the importance of this celestial law and that if we don’t follow it that we can’t hope to have a celestial glory. I thought long and hard about this and that I really need to begin sacrificing more, but I didn’t quite know how until today. Today our district leader came to our house and spoke with my companion one on one. In this time he expressed his concern and gave me the answer to my pray of what it is that i must do. He spoke with me personally on things that I must do, but the biggest theme was sacrifice. I learned that if I want to be more truly converted I must pray to my God and ask them for the help in the reliving of my burdens. It’s not possible for us to do everything we must and I mean MUST use there strength and abide by their wills. He said something that struck me, in Spanish the Book of Mormon doesn’t have a topical guide as large instead it is a dictionary with many references and a definition. In the Guide for the Study of the Scriptures it says that conversion is the act of changing and transforming our thoughts to accept and to do the will of God. For us as members and children of God to become truly converted we must and I mean must accept and do the will of God to receive this conversion and sacrifice that which is stopping us. I have a long way to go with this process as many of us do, but I do have a testimony that I know that as I look for the will of God and sacrifice that which he wants me to for him that I will be converted and therefore be able to more fully be the man and submit to his will I as need to. Of this I hope for and I know I will be able to tell you all soon.

In the name of Jesus Christ Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment